• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SimplySpaztastic

The above average, average girl
Bold Member!
e9it0k.jpg

GOODYEAR, Ariz. — When you gotta go, you gotta go — but one Arizona reporter’s desperate decision to relieve himself resulted in him being arrested and fired.

Jonathan Lowe was working a story for KPHO when nature called. Instead of just holding it, he walked across the street and took a squat on the neighbor’s lawn.

He might have gotten away with it if another resident hadn’t spotted him picking up several papers from the street before leaning against the side of the home, dropping his pants and defecating in the yard, according to a police report obtained by his former station.

When officers showed up at the news van, Lowe told them, “I know what you want to talk to me about.” He told cops he wasn’t feeling well and didn’t want to bother anyone by knocking on their door to use the bathroom.

“I’ve been stuck in this van all day,” he said.

He also said he couldn’t leave the area to go to a nearby Fry’s Marketplace, and accused the people who called police of just wanting to “start problems,” according to the document.

Police weren’t buying it and arrested him for public defecation. According to a statement from KPHO’s news director, he has since been fired from his job.
http://kdvr.com/2016/05/22/tv-reporter-arrested-for-defecating-on-front-lawn-while-covering-story/

Yeah... :rolleyes: I'm sure the homeowner was less bothered by him taking a shit in his yard, than he would have been had he asked to use their restroom.. What a nasty bastard...

I'm just gonna say this...

I get mad as fuck when people walk their DOG, let it shit in my yard then don't pick it up. I'm pretty certain this fool didn't have a roll of poop bags in his pocket. Pretty positive his nasty ass didn't pick it up and just left a pile of shit next to someone's house...

I sure hope his community service entails picking up dog shit from local parks. On the hottest day of the summer. Without poop bags or gloves. Gross, nasty bastard.

I know bowel issues can make the urge to go very sudden, but my sympathy dried up when he threw blame on those calling the police for shitting in someone's yard. I am so sick of this "NOT MY FAULT - OTHER PEOPLE ARE THE ISSUE" mentality. Grow the fuck up and take some responsibility!

He should have been asked to clean it up.

When the police are called when someone lets their dog shit on the neighbors lawn, the police do nothing.
Whats outrageous abiut that, tje person wslking thier dog usually lives within a few houses but choose to let their dog leave the mess for their neighbor.

This man didn't have a bathroom available to him.
Its crap, its bio degradable.
No reason to arrest him and fire him from his job.

If that were me, I would sue my employer for denying me basic accommodations.
@Athena
What do you think, does he have a case?

Should news stations be required to tow a porta potty?

I get mad as fuck when people walk their DOG, let it shit in my yard then don't pick it up. I'm pretty certain this fool didn't have a roll of poop bags in his pocket. Pretty positive his nasty ass didn't pick it up and just left a pile of shit next to someone's house...

I sure hope his community service entails picking up dog shit from local parks. On the hottest day of the summer. Without poop bags or gloves. Gross, nasty bastard.

I have caught my neighbors bringing their dogs to my yard to do their business. I am keeping a close eye because I have no issues putting on gloves and throwing dog shit at his yard.

I'm sorry. I cannot muster false outrage over a guy taking a shit in someone's yard. My gods, fine the guy and write him up. THIS? This we are wasting the courts' time with? You know damned well he was only sacked because it became public. Was that really so heinous an act that he deserves to lose his livelihood? I think the public embarrassment is punishment enough.

Move along people. There's nothing to see here and for cryin' out loud, drop the ridiculous vilification of a guy that just didn't want to shit his pants.

For the record. I shat my pants once when I was 8 and ran all the way home crying. I should have shit in someone's yard. :bag:

Edited for grammar.

Make him eat the damn colon cupcake.
Live...on the 6 o'clock.
No doubt his best report ever.

Arrested and fired is ridiculous. Damn cop should have had him clean it up and throw it away and called it a day.

30 years ago, the neighbor would have made him pick it up, and it would have gone no further, but we've become a society of whiney little punitive cry babies and bitches, and this is how trivial matters are dealt with now.

Poor guy probably thought he was going to shit in his pants and this was his quickest option.

Last edited:
The funny part is this is I heard he was covering the guy who killed his dog and threw it in the cooker who made the DD front page.

Ok, I have mixed feelings on this one. I've been walking to work for 3 weeks, 3.64 miles (5.86 k one way). One day I felt the need coming on, and hid in the sagebrush by the road. What happened next could be compared to the mighty Mississippi river. Unbelievable. I was trapped there 15-20 minutes, and staggered away empty from gizzard to groin. (note, I carry paper for emergencies) While I recognize the disrespect, I also understand that shit happens. I'm just grateful I had some undeveloped land to use instead of some poor soul's shrubbery.

Also left the shit stained paper too.:vomit:

As someone who has been suffering from multiple bowel obstructions in the last few months, I sympathize. When you gotta go, that bowel won't stop just to be polite.

But man, come on. Poop in the van into a bag, or box or some other container - if you absolutely MUST - which means - the story ain't worth the consequences you've suffered, so go to the nearest Mickey D's and take advantage of their bathrooms.

If they're going to have him sit in a van like a cop on a stakeout, they could at least send him out with one of those portable chemical toilets for camping. Of course he's acting overly defensive, he's utterly humiliated and embarrassed by a bodily function he could no longer control.

I'm sorry. I cannot muster false outrage over a guy taking a shit in someone's yard. My gods, fine the guy and write him up. THIS? This we are wasting the courts' time with? You know damned well he was only sacked because it became public. Was that really so heinous an act that he deserves to lose his livelihood? I think the public embarrassment is punishment enough.

Move along people. There's nothing to see here and for cryin' out loud, drop the ridiculous vilification of a guy that just didn't want to shit his pants.

For the record. I shat my pants once when I was 8 and ran all the way home crying. I should have shit in someone's yard. :bag:

Edited for grammar.
Completely agree... Go arrest a drug dealer, murderer or rapist. Yea, the guy shouldn't have done it. But maybe it was the good old Emergency shit calling... I hear it can be quite uncomfortable. :blackeye:"I wouldn't know since I'm a lady and don't shit... "Says the good neighbor who called the police! I mean go knock on the van door and let him know you saw his indiscretion and ask him to clean it up (he's probably embarrassed enough). I'm sure, no make that positive that a news caster doesn't chooses to go number 2 out in nature on a daily basic while covering news stories. But then again...... :finger: But ruining this guys career? That's just wrong. I could see if he waited for little girls and boys to get off the bus from school and went over in front of them and dropped anchor, but this poor SOB sounds like he was stuck all day in a van covering a story and by the time he realized he had to go so bad, he was straight up out of options. I'm sure he would have rather gone in the bathroom them wiping his ass with old newspaper... But that's just me, call me old fashioned.:happy:

Disgusting, immature behavior. He was either too lazy to drive to a bathroom, or he was too selfish to risk missing the story in order to do so. Neither is a good excuse.

If you expose yourself in another manner in public, you can be charged with a sex crime. Nobody bats an eye at those stories. This guys actions no doubt had an even more traumatizing effect on those who witnessed it, yet this thread is full of defenders!??? Sickening.

There's laws against it for a reason. Dude violated the law, he got arrested, nuff said. Nothing unfair about it.

If a member of the media can't respect someone elses property, that person should face a stiff penalty even if that means being fired. This type of thing is awful for whatever news organization he's employed by.

If they're going to have him sit in a van like a cop on a stakeout, they could at least send him out with one of those portable chemical toilets for camping. Of course he's acting overly defensive, he's utterly humiliated and embarrassed by a bodily function he could no longer control.

Just what I was thinking. He should have had enough privacy in a van to use a makeshift toilet; bucket, sturdy plastic bag and some kitty litter will do. Or so I've heard...:spy:

Back