• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
And may this epic shart take up permanent involuntary residence at the grey bar motel.

It's always so lovely to have ones sentiments so succinctly paraphrased, and with such creativity!
Excellence such as the above quote cannot be passed by without acknowledgement. :woot:

-bows in gratitude!-

It's always so lovely to have ones sentiments so succinctly paraphrased, and with such creativity!
Excellence such as the above quote cannot be passed by without acknowledgement. :woot:

-bows in gratitude!-

Awe, shucks! (Blush) Thanks love! :happy:

well, at least the pos mf gt a good judge she hit him with multile life never to get out sentences we need more judges like that

http://m.tulsaworld.com/news/courts...440-6c80-5674-aa80-bb592e999ed8.html?mode=jqm

A Tulsa man was sentenced Wednesday to life without parole and three additional consecutive life terms in the rape and murder of a 16-month-old girl.

Cody Alan Johnson, 31, entered a blind plea Aug. 26 to child abuse murder, two counts of child sexual abuse and one count of child neglect in the December 2015 sexual assault and death of Sawyer Paige Jefferson, who was his then-girlfriend’s daughter.

Tuesday’s hearing before Tulsa County District Judge Sharon Holmes was emotional, with a prosecutor and detective describing the physical and sexual abuse as the worst they have seen on a child. Before announcing her sentencing decision, Holmes told Johnson there were “no words” to describe what he had done to Sawyer.

Before the hearing began, Holmes reviewed letters from Johnson’s family that asked her for leniency as well as victim impact statements from Sawyer’s grandfather, Ted Gonderman, and his wife, Cheryl, whose statement was read in court by a victim advocate.

Ted Gonderman read an emotionally moving statement and described his memories of Sawyer as a happy, healthy toddler.

Holmes said her reaction after reading the letters and statements was that “this is a tragedy for both sides.”

“But then I got to see the pictures of that baby today,” she said. “I got to see her injuries. I got to see what a 29- to 30-year-old man did to a 16-month-old baby.”

The judge took a short break and left the courtroom midway through her statement, but upon her return she said, “I hope I never see a situation like this again.”

Johnson, according to police reports, was watching Sawyer Dec. 5 while her mother was at work, which is when authorities say he committed the physical and sexual abuse. Sawyer was pronounced dead Dec 6 after being taken off life support at a Tulsa hospital.

An arrest report states that Johnson told police Sawyer slipped on her pajamas and fell on a toy, and then later hit her head against a wall while walking. But Tulsa Police Child Crisis Detective Aubrie Thompson described the injuries on Sawyer’s body as indicative of rape and abuse.

Thompson said Johnson, whom she interviewed, never showed remorse for his assault on the girl, who she claimed he “left to die as she bled out” because he never sought medical attention for her. Court records indicate he said he called the girl’s mother after he realized the girl was unresponsive, and that her mother drove her to the hospital because of the seriousness of the injuries.

Ted Gonderman said the trauma Sawyer suffered was “incomprehensible” but that she is now “safe from Satan’s instrument of evil that sits in this courtroom.”

“You deserve the death penalty, but that would be an escape for you,” he said.

Assistant District Attorney Sarah McAmis said in court that the situation led to the loss of a second life, because Sawyer’s mother died from a broken heart in September of this year.

Defense attorney Gregg Graves asked Holmes for mercy, telling her Johnson was clearly under the influence of drugs at the time he raped and killed Sawyer. He called the crime “an aberration” from a man whose only past crimes were drug- or theft-related.

The sentence will run consecutively with a five-year stint Johnson received in an unrelated felony theft case.

Can't believe his family asked for leniency, knowing their defected family member RAPED and KILLED a baby, but thankfully the judge saw pictures of the baby's abuse and was like FUCK NAW.

Defense attorney Gregg Graves asked Holmes for mercy, telling her Johnson was clearly under the influence of drugs at the time
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Squire Graves, voluntary intoxication is not a mitigating factor. Because he chose to put himself under the influence of drugs, he does not get to say that the judge should go light on him because of it.

--Al

Assistant District Attorney Sarah McAmis said in court that the situation led to the loss of a second life, because Sawyer’s mother died from a broken heart in September of this year.

I wonder what she really died of?

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Squire Graves, voluntary intoxication is not a mitigating factor. Because he chose to put himself under the influence of drugs, he does not get to say that the judge should go light on him because of it.

--Al
That's the lawyer's job. He probably had his fingers crossed while he spoke. If he doesn't seek leniency, later on the convicted one appeals with a claim that the lawyer was incompetent because he didn't advocate enough.

Last edited:
A Tulsa man was sentenced Wednesday to life without parole and three additional consecutive life terms in the rape and murder of a 16-month-old girl.

Consecutive ... <3 Fucking love that word the most when I read it here.
That's four life terms ... good thing for him that we can only die once.

http://m.tulsaworld.com/news/courts...440-6c80-5674-aa80-bb592e999ed8.html?mode=jqm

He killed two people - mom couldn't live without her Sawyer ♡♡♡
[doublepost=1484462721,1484462579][/doublepost]
I wonder what she really died of?
My guess demons (drugs to numb) or suicide...
[doublepost=1484462881][/doublepost]
Consecutive ... <3 Fucking love that word the most when I read it here.
That's four life terms ... good thing for him that we can only die once.
Life longevity gets longer and longer - I don't mind paying for his health care ;)

I read a comment by Sawyer's Grandmother on FB that said her daughter died of pulmonary heart failure/broken heart. Pulmonary heart failure can result from a number of causes, conditions that she did not share. Broken heart I suppose her coverall resulting from her daughters very poor judgement.

He looks like a damn meth head so chances are mom was too.

Are you implying she died as a result of drug abuse? I think it's very possible to die of a broken heart. Maybe she tried to numb her pain with drugs. I am not going to give her any shit for this one. She took her baby straight to the hospital. I cannot imagine ANYONE would be able to foresee their baby getting raped by their BF unless he had priors (they knew of) or such.

Back