• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

TheMorningStar

is a catcus
15cfb93c256b39f8e15c9df8b1155893_zpsuhucbh1a.jpg

Police said Jessie Kingsinger, 21, left his home in Lakeland, Florida after a fight with his mother.

His mother reported the disturbance and told police that her son needed psychological help and was having an "episode" during the fight.

Kingsinger’s mother also told police that she wanted her son taken into custody under the Baker Act.

The Baker Act is a way to provide individuals with emergency services and temporary detention for mental health evaluation and treatment, either on a voluntary or an involuntary basis.

Police said officers spotted Kingsinger near the lake, lying on the ground. Kingsinger said he knew that law enforcement was looking for him so he swam across the lake.

A sign posted near where Kingsinger got out of the lake reads “Caution! Alligators frequent this area!”

Police said Kingsinger was missing approximately three-quarters of his left forearm.

Kingsinger was taken to Lakeland Regional Health Center.

Kingsinger was committed under the Baker Act because of his condition, police said.
http://www.myfoxboston.com/news/tre...lligator-while-swimming-across-lake/278704356

Last edited:
So does he still have his hand? It specifies forearm, so did it just take a huge chunk out of it? Wonder if they'll be able to salvage it.

I'm thinkin it must have been a fairly small gator. Figure a big one would ate him or taken the arm at least. Nutcase is lucky in a way.

Makes for a badass story at least. Hopefully this nutbag can get his act together.

The really awful thing is that there are no criminal charges pending against him; police were searching for him after his mother called, stating he was in need of psychological help. :(

LAKELAND, Fla. - A young man trying to avoid Lakeland police lost his arm to an alligator in a lake Wednesday evening.

Police said 21-year-old Jessie Kinsinger had a disagreement with his mother and ran into a wooded area behind their apartment on Long Lake Circle. The mother told police Kinsinger was in need of psychological help ,and she worried he was having "an episode."

Blood hounds, a helicopter and multiple officers on the ground began searching for Kinsinger. Using witness reports to track his location as he ran, officers eventually located him from the sky lying on the ground by a nearby lake.

Officers said Kinsinger swam across the lake, and got out near a sign that read: "Caution! Alligators frequent this area!"

Kinsinger's brother-in-law, Mike Taylor, was one of the first to find him on the shore, bleeding profusely and in a lot of pain.

"He said my hand hurts and I go 'Jessie, you don't have a hand'," said Taylor.

Taylor said he took off his shirt and applied pressure to Kinsinger's arm to try and stop the bleeding.

"According to the doctors and the paramedics, if I wouldn't have applied that pressure and the tourniquet he would have bled out and died," he said.
Kinsinger was missing three-quarters of his left arm. It is presumed an alligator bit it off.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/l...-lakeland-police-gets-arm-bitten-off-by-gator

Florida should just be abandoned and nuked from orbit.
It would solve a lot of problems.

Lmao! Don't go into the alligators home and you won't lose an arm.
[doublepost=1464184827,1464184608][/doublepost]Aww damn I just read his interview and I feel bad for him..

Lmao! Don't go into the alligators home and you won't lose an arm.
[doublepost=1464184827,1464184608][/doublepost]Aww damn I just read his interview and I feel bad for him..

He got me when he expressed regret that the alligator was killed. :(

He really seemed like he knew he fucked up and that it was a dumb decision.

I'm scared of fish. Alligator ... that's out if this world scary.

Kind of goes with the territory living in FL. So many bodies of water, little ponds, etc for them to live in.

There are local stories on the news all the time about gators ending up in people's pools, and we used to sometimes see them in the neighborhood going to the bus stop when I was in school. One day 2 brothers almost missed the bus, because a large gator was in their front yard blocking the path. :D

Ultimately though, they mostly stick to the water, and unless you literally invade their territory like this guy did, you've got very little to worry about. As a Floridian I know the chances of going into a pond and getting hurt are far worse than the odds of going into a bay or the ocean and getting bit by a shark or something. With gator attacks you have a much much smaller body of water, but still these giant apex predators defending it. The chances of running into a gator (or gators) is way higher as a result.

Very bizzrre they had this many cops after him, and with K-9s no less? The dude was going to get the shit bit out of him by a vicious animal no matter what he did that night.

Florida fucking sucks though. Hard to have much sympathy for anything bad that happens to the scum that lives there.

Damn. PTSD from trying to save his mom's during a home invasion? Poor kid. And his descriptions of the event were really interesting... I don't know exactly why but his manner of describing the gator was quite vivid. Anyway, a fucking 10 FOOT GATOR?!? :hungover: Makes me weak at the knees.

Anyway, a fucking 10 FOOT GATOR?!?
The last time I saw one that big I was in a boat that wasn't much bigger. And the gator, luckily, was going thataway at flank speed instead of coming thisaway.

--Al

Back