• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Kimberix

Trusted Member
http://m.newson6.com/story.aspx?story=32073857&catId=112042

Police say a Tulsa woman admitted to "losing it" with her 7-month-old son who died of his injuries Thursday.

Ruth Lewis said the baby was crying in the middle of the night and she gave him "whoopings," shook him and pushed him to the ground before going back to bed, according to an affidavit of probable cause.

Lewis was originally charged with child abuse by injury and two counts of child neglect while the 7-month-old child was in a coma. Officers said, at the time, if the condition of the child changed charges could be modified.

Lewis, who lives in the 1600 block of East Young Place, told police she got up in the night to smoke a cigarette and heard her son crying. After yelling at him and "whooping" him a few times, she put him in a bouncer, a detective said.

The 21-year-old woman admitted to jerking the bouncer and shaking the baby, records show.

"When asked if his head was injured during the shaking she responded, 'no, it did whip back though,'" the affidavit states.

The detective said the baby the fell out of the bouncer, and Lewis said she picked him up and pushed him to the ground. "He quieted down" after that, she reportedly told the officer.

Last edited:
also from above link...

Lewis told police she left the baby and went back to bed. Police say her brother, who lives with Lewis and the child's father, found the baby unresponsive around 5:15 a.m. That's when an ambulance was called.

Pediatricians at the hospital said the baby had a skull fracture, subdural hematomas, retinal hemorrhages and hypothermia. He was also in
cardiac arrest and acute respiratory failure.

A second child, a 1-year-old girl, had severe diaper rash.

Lewis is being held without bond.

more from this link....

http://m.newson6.com/story.aspx?story=32067451&catId=112042

A Tulsa mother is behind bars after police arrested her on complaints of child abuse and child neglect.

Corporal Greg Smith with Tulsa Police said a Tulsa hospital received a call Tuesday of an unresponsive 7-month-old boy.

Smith confirmed it was determined the child had a significant brain injury and that the boy’s mother, Ruth Ann Lewis, 21, caused the injury.

According to police, the injury was not accidental. They said symptoms of that type of injury were likely apparent soon after the injury occurred, it appears Lewis waited at least an hour or more before calling for help.
Police said the child was taken to the hospital where he remains unconscious and in critical condition.

Lewis was charged with child abuse and child neglect.

Police said Lewis also has a 16-month-old daughter who was examined as part of the investigation. Police said there were no bruises or other serious injuries, but she did have an advanced case of diaper rash. Lewis was charged with a second count of child neglect as a result of the child's condition.

According to police, the 16-month old was taken into DHS custody.

The children's father was also arrested on unrelated, outstanding warrants. Police said they don't expect child abuse or neglect charges will be filed against him

Last edited:
Let's hope she gets the "whooping" she deserves when he starts crying after her conviction. And I hope she never gives birth again.

Fucking bitch. There were two other people in that home she could have turned to instead of beating her baby to death. Worthless bitch. Better believe I'm not above kicking my husband out the bed to get the baby at night and she is 2.
There is no excuse for this shit. I hope she gets beaten by her cellmates for the most inane bullshit so she can get a taste of her own medicine.

My 9 year old son didn't sleep through the night til he was 1 and My 7 month old still wakes up 2x a night and I haven't managed to kill either of them..
No DAMN way falling out of a bouncer causes a "significant brain injury"..
She whooped him and shook him because she was frustrated instead of being a "mother" and comforting the poor baby who was hungry, wet or sick for that matter..

Rest in peace baby, you deserved better!!

You can't even fall out of a bouncer at 7 months. Not unless they are at the edge of a staircase!! Does Marlee look like she can leap out of this?

2yytdn7.jpg

You can't even fall out of a bouncer at 7 months. Not unless they are at the edge of a staircase!! Does Marlee look like she can leap out of this?

2yytdn7.jpg

what a cutie pie you have there!!

but I think the bouncer in the story is one of those lay back ones.....what your babe is in is more of a baby saucer I think they are called.

It was prob. one of those 15 dollar chairs that just bounce - not a huge bouncy playpen like your showing.... remember the old ones that if you didnt strap in you could easily fall out, I loved that lil chair, he could be chilling in it on the floor and I could use my toe to just bounce it up n down while I read....

2yytdn7.jpg
:(:(:(
[doublepost=1464366150,1464365994][/doublepost]
Oh my....I guess my almost two year old not sleeping at night is causing me some brain damage... I thought that was the baby from the story.... DUUUUURRRRRR:YOW: What cutie!!! Sweet little baby beebee butt. I need a nap.

Wow..she's an awesome mom and puts God first. If that's true, than why is this poor baby dead now? :(

Why would a mother "whoop" an infant to begin with. Those poor kids...this was a pattern of behavior. This poor baby boy probably saved his sisters life.

March 10, 2018

A jury who found a mother guilty of killing her baby recommended a life sentence, plus 13 years.

Ruth Lewis, 23, was convicted, by a jury, of child abuse murder and two counts of child neglect.

The jury recommended a life sentence, plus 13 years for all counts.

Lewis’ 7-month-old son Zayden Meyers was found unresponsive in May 2016 and later died.

“This little boy was found to have a brain injury that usually comes from some kind of strike or shake, it’s not something that is an accidental injury,” Cpl. Greg Smith told KJRH.

Lewis was then charged with child neglect after the Tulsa Police Department said her 16-month-old daughter showed signs of neglect.
http://kfor.com/2018/03/10/life-sen...-for-mother-found-guilty-of-killing-her-baby/

Mar 20, 2018

“I know I didn’t do this and I’ll say that until the day I die because I know the truth,” said convicted murderer Ruth Lewis.

Lewis was convicted of killing her 7-month-old son. A jury recommended she go to prison for life plus 13 years.

Lewis says the most important thing she wants people to know about her is that she is not a monster, that she is not a baby killer, and that she's been wrongly convicted."

Lewis is now 23 years old. She describes herself as poor, someone who struggles with depression and drug addiction, who was in an abusive relationship for years with the father of her two children.

A jury found her guilty of hitting and shaking her son Zayden when he was seven months old. Prosecutors say he had bleeding in his brain and both eyes and bruises all over.

Police say Lewis confessed.

"He started telling me I did it and how I did it, coercing, and I'm telling him, no, no, no and he blamed me,” said Lewis. “He blamed me from day one."

Lewis says the father of her children and her brother were also there and her brother told her he witnessed the father hit and shake the baby. She says her attorney advised against her or her brother testifying.

She says she regrets not taking the stand now that the jury gave her life for the murder.

"I understand if I killed someone, give me life, but I didn't kill no one. I didn't hurt no one and no one will believe me," said Lewis.

The jury also gave her 13 years for child neglect because her 16-month-old daughter had untreated diaper rash. Prosecutors say the girl was covered in blisters. Lewis says she accepts responsibility for the neglect, but says her son did not receive justice.

"His murderer is walking free," stated Lewis.

Sentencing will be on April 13th. Lewis says she does plan that day to ask the judge for mercy. Short of that, she plans to appeal her conviction.
http://www.news9.com/story/37770589...-with-mother-convicted-of-murdering-her-child

Lewis, who lives in the 1600 block of East Young Place, told police she got up in the night to smoke a cigarette and heard her son crying. After yelling at him and "whooping" him a few times, she put him in a bouncer, a detective said.

Who gets up in the middle of the night for a cigarette? Her son interrupts her perfect nicotine moment when she hears him cry and that causes her to "lose it". Fragile little flower isn't she?

Not buying a bit of it.
th

Yeah sure the attorney advised her brother not to testify even though he could provide an “alibi.” Just shut up & do your time.

Yeah sure the attorney advised her brother not to testify even though he could provide an “alibi.” Just shut up & do your time.
Exactly....that right there kinda tells me even het lawyer didnt buy her innocence either.

Ya need some Ambusol (sp)
for that teething pain.
I had an abcess a few months back, and I was in agony!
I rubbed some on the gums around the offending area...and in like 5 minutes the pain was gone.
If not...prepared to be bitten...a lot!

Back