• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
Found by @Forensicwx , and I am pretty certain it is not already up.....

Doubt we'll ever learn much more than this, if the young man gets the help he needs and it works. One can hope.

A 12-year-old boy has admitted raping a five-year-old girl the day before his trial was due to start.

The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, admitted attacking the girl in his bedroom in August last year at Fareham Youth Court in Portsmouth.

The court heard how the boy has learning difficulties and the mental age of a child of around seven or eight.

He and the girl, who also cannot be named, had been friends before the incident.

Defence lawyer, Natalie Dennington, said the defendant had become increasingly anxious as the trial date approached and this was why he changed his plea to guilty.

She had explained to him that if the case went to trial it would be in the newspapers and he could be forced to move home if people found out what he had done.

She said: "He felt it would have such a devastating effect on his family if he admitted to what he had done.

"We had lots of tears but he accepted responsibility for his actions.

District Judge Anne Arnold gave the boy a 12-month referral order to work with a Youth Offending Team rather than going to prison because of his age and the circumstances of the case, the Sun reported.

He will also have to sign the sex offenders’ register.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ve-year-old-girl-in-his-bedroom-a7026471.html

Well now, I suspect the victim and her family feel justice has been served... :rolleyes:

They might be supporting it...the boy is intellectually delayed and they were friends.

Maybe they are pro rehabilitation, not prison.

I personally wouldn't let my five year old be best besties with a twelve year old.

I hope everyone mends well, the girl, the kid, every bodies parents.

This is why I don't let my baby girl play with or be friends with older boys. Nothing good can come from a 12 year old and 5 year old being "friends". Mental illness makes it that much more of a hell no you. I'm crazy overprotective though.

This is why I don't let my baby girl play with or be friends with older boys. Nothing good can come from a 12 year old and 5 year old being "friends". Mental illness makes it that much more of a hell no you. I'm crazy overprotective though.

Please don't just be careful of the boys. I was molested by both genders.

But I agree, am the same way. Unless my son is around too because he keeps a very close eye on his sister. Sometimes it's irritating, he thinks he's her father.

Anyway, this situation is heartbreaking all around. I'm very sad for the little girl.

That's a big age gap.

Its like anything else...like things...with like things. or chaos.

I told my kids this to get the toys picked up and organized...like things with like things

But it applies to everything...my kitchen cupboards...my closet.

Kids play with their peers. that's why there are no twelve year olds in kindergarten.

I can see letting this boy play with the little girl but not unsupervised. Hell, no.
Mentally, he's 7; physically, he's 12. So of course he's not sure what to do with the sudden boners at that age. And impulse control? Does he have any? Who knows, but I kinda wanna slap all the parents involved.

Back