• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
One exit off the interstate from me...
vndvrb.jpg

Mom was in the vehicle with this man and their 3 kids. She had the 8 month old on her lap. She jumped out of the vehicle and he shot at them. It hit the baby.
Mom flagged down a passerby, they took the baby to the hospital. The father chased them and tried to run the Good Samaritan with mom and baby off the road.
The baby was pronounced dead.
The 2 and 3 year olds are still in the vehicle with him.

An AMBER Alert was issued Tuesday afternoon for a man and two children following the fatal shooting of an infant in north St. Louis.

Police say 35-year-old Diata Crockett shot his 8-month-old son around 2:00 Tuesday near the intersection of Hall Street and Riverview in north St. Louis. The child was driven to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Police sources told News 4 Crockett's intended target was the mother of the children.

After the shooting, Crockett allegedly fled the scene with his two other children, prompting an AMBER Alert. Originally a SARAA alert, which is an AMBER Alert for only St. Louis area was issued, but the alert was then expanded to a wider geographical area.

Blase Crockett, 3, and 2-year-old Rycker Crockett are believed to be with Crockett. Blase has light complexion, a Mohawk-style haircut and was wearing navy shorts and a light blue shirt. Rycker has a medium complexion, low haircut and is wearing khaki shorts and a royal blue t-shirt.

Investigators are looking for a black 2014 Hyundai Sonata with Illinois license plates of V446952. Crockett was last seen wearing a lime green shirt and green pants.
http://m.kmov.com/article.html#!/116862/2dcda1f6ab743e48ef2e9d1620a08c70
[doublepost=1464126534,1464126209][/doublepost]
The father of an 8-month-old baby was shot to death by his father about 2 p.m. Tuesday in a domestic dispute, St. Louis police said. The killer was reported to be at large with his two other young children in the car.

Officials said the mother got out of a car along Riverview Boulevard and was holding the boy when the father fired a shot toward her that hit the baby. The boy was taken to Christian Hospital, 11133 Dunn Road, and died.
http://m.stltoday.com/news/local/cr...cle_39343b27-500e-58b0-a4ee-95201f529a87.html

:(
I saw the police cars at that hospital on my way home. Ugh.

Damn that dudes just an evil bitch. I don't know what else to say about him. I hope a hostage situation isn't brewing with the other 2 babies. What a pussy. I hope he just doesn't know he actually hit one of them. Doesn't make the situation much better but maybe just a little bit.

Bastard! I hope this isn't going to turn into a murder case... those boys might seem like no more than two little witnesses in his fucked up, panicked head. If he's willing to shoot at his own defenseless newborn I wouldn't really put anything past him.

They sure are adorable lil' guys. May angels be with them! <3

OMG WTF did I just read? These kids have to be terrified of their father.

This dad shot at the mother didn't realise he killed his baby... The other children are safe but he's still on the run? Okay I hope when he realizes he killed his baby he turns himself in. I bet he's scared as hell right now. But I have to admit he did make sure the other kids r safe. Makes me believe he has somewhat of a conscious... Maybe his anger got the best of him. Me and my husband have had really bad fights and I've done things I wish I hadn't just to hurt him. I'm not at all sticking up for him because its tragic what happened to the baby but if he made sure the other kids were safe then I'm forced to believe his anger got the best of him

I know I'm going to be crucified for saying this but that's how I feel as opposed to my fuck you die baby killing bastards... He still needs to be severely punished for what he did but I just think he let anger get the best of him and didn't mean to kill his baby.. Even tho him trying to kill the mom makes him a real great guy (sarcasm). Well that is my opinion

Poor baby

The baby still needs justice tho. Not saying to let the guy off the hook!!

I hear ya, @robin299 I can take scenario through my head as well.

Up until the point where I realize, blinding rage or not, he had to be looking in her general direction in order to shoot her. In that same view, would've been her arms cradled around his infant son.

So no. Fuck him. He did the "right thing" with the other two, this is true. Since when is the "right thing" not to annihilate 2 more of your 6 kids?!
But from me? That earns him a meh. Not brownie points.
He probably did it because we like and use the DP.

Last edited:
Yeah cause you know he's not getting the death penalty for killing a defenseless 8 month old baby. Maybe if he'd killed all of them but just the one, no, I mean it's a baby, who's going to miss him?:sarcasm:

I hear ya, @robin299 I can take scenario through my head as well.

Up until the point where I realize, blinding rage or not, he had to be looking in her general direction in order to shoot her. In that same view, would've been her arms cradled around his infant son.

So no. Fuck him. He did the "right thing" with the other two, this is true. Since when is the "right thing" not to annihilate 2 more of your 6 kids?!
But from me? That earns him a meh. Not brownie points.
He probably did it because we like and use the DP.
See I love everyone's point of views on these kind of cases.. This is one reason I love comments.. You are completely right. I didn't look at it that way about the when is not annihilating 2 of 6 kids a good thing... I just meant the fact he killed and shot his baby in front of his 2 kids that at least he didnt go and kill the other 2.. I don't want to give him any brownie points at all either.. But I think that he was fighting and meant to shoot the mom out of rage and wasn't thinking clearly. But I side with you now that I've read what you think. I just didn't have the typical reaction after reading how he ended up killing the baby as my normal reactions. I thought about people do really stupid shit when angry so ya fuck him.. Your right!!

Shocker. The wife asked for a divorce during their fight.

And please wait. As I wipe my tear from my cheek, because he's "devastated" over the death of his child. THE CHILD WHICH HE SHOT AND KILLED!!!

My heart breaks for him! :meh:

The attorney who arranged the surrender of a man wanted in the fatal shooting of his 8-month-old son in St. Louis says his client is "obviously devastated" about the death.

Scott Rosenblum says he brokered Diata Crockett's surrender Wednesday at the request of Crockett's family, who Rosenblum says he has known for years.

Police say that Crockett forced his wife and three young children into a rental car at gunpoint on Tuesday. Authorities say that when the woman tried to get out, Crockett fired a shot that police believe was aimed at her but instead struck their baby.

He fled with the couple's two other sons, ages 2 and 3. They were later found safe.

Rosenblum says on Crockett's behalf that "there's a lot more to the story than what's been reported."
http://m.kmov.com/article.html#!/116862/35a409b57460408b604340f444f1998c

Devastated that he killed his baby, and not the wife he intended to?

Devastated by his piss poor aim?

Or by his lack of emotional control?

Fucking lowlife. I hope he never sleeps another second for the rest of his miserable life.

Yeah any shred of decency that this dude may have had left just went out the damn window. If he shot the baby when he was aiming for the mother, I'm not going to say the baby's death was an accident because dude pulling a gun and shooting anywhere in the direction of his kids or the mother of his kids doesn't qualify as accidental to me, BUT, I can see why it wasn't as bad as if he aimed at the baby and baby was the intended target.
That argument, however, flew straight out of the damn window as soon as I read that he forced mom and all the kids into the car at gunpoint. As soon as that happened, this guy became exactly what he did. He's a baby murdering bastard. He may not have intended that bullet for the baby, but wtf did he think was going to happen when he forced them all in the car. That's not a blind moment of rage. That takes at least a little bit of strategy. He had to be thinking about what he was trying to accomplish.

A Bellefontaine Neighbors man was sentenced Monday to 15 years in prison as part of a plea deal with the circuit attorney’s office in the shooting death last year of his 8-month-old son.

Diata Crockett, 36, pleaded guilty to child endangerment and armed criminal action in the May 24, 2016, killing of his son, Reign Crockett. St. Louis Circuit Judge James Sullivan sentenced Crockett to 15 years in prison.

In exchange for his guilty plea to the two charges, Assistant Circuit Attorney Travis Partney dropped 15 other counts including first-degree murder, unlawful use and possession of a weapon, child endangerment, armed criminal action and domestic assault.

The case had been set for trial in February.

“There were a lot of issues in the case that were going to be problematic to both sides,” said Crockett’s lawyer Scott Rosenblum.

“We thought this was a fair outcome. He’s satisfied with the outcome. He still mourns the loss of his child. It’s a tragic circumstance all around.”

Police have said Reign was fatally shot by his father as his parents fought about divorcing.

Court documents say Crockett told his wife he should have killed her the day before and that he was going to kill her and himself.

Police said Crockett fired a shot at his wife after she jumped out of a rented Hyundai Sonata near Riverview Drive and Interstate 270. His wife was carrying Reign, her youngest child. The bullet hit Reign, killing him.

Two of the Crocketts’ other children were in the car when Diata Crockett sped off, police said. They were found safe later at a relative’s home. The couple had six children . Then-Police Chief Sam Dotson said Crockett had threatened suicide and violence against his family in the past.

In pretrial court filings last month, Partney sought to exclude evidence discussed in depositions in which Crockett’s wife had allegedly filed a false report with Dellwood police, sent threatening text messages with pictures of her holding a gun to one of her husband’s female friends, spray-painted the word “cheater” on his belongings and poured bleach on his clothing.

“In this case, after a thorough investigation and discussing the matter with the victim and her family, we believe the facts and evidence supported the state’s recommendation,” said Susan C. Ryan, spokeswoman for the prosecuting attorney, in a statement.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_cc43d669-a344-55b5-91ce-aae0f71d086d.html

sigh. everytime i hear in one of these stories that the woman was yelling at the dude about how she's gonna leave, take the kids, get a divorce etc., i think of the people who have had flammable liquid poured on them and then been lit on fire.

and in both cases i want to scream at them through the screen, "don't argue, don't sit there and pontificate...just fucking RUN!!!"

Latest posts

Back