• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Snoods

Trusted Member
Police are treating the disappearance of 45-year-old Patrick Shunn and 46-year-old Monique Patenaude as "suspicious," because they say it's unusual for the couple to stay out of touch with family and friends for so long. The two own livestock, and witnesses said the animals hadn't been fed.

Their Jeep Wrangler and Land Rover (were found by police) plunged down an embankment.

[...]

The husband and wife were engaged in a legal fight with some of their neighbors, accusing them of assault, trespassing and scratching death threats in the mud, The Seattle Times reports.

[...]

The husband and wife also claimed neighbors trespassed on their property with RVs and dogs off their leashes. The couple said the death threats started appearing in 2014, according to court papers.

[...]

The pair was supposed to go to a concert Monday night, but never made it, Q13 Fox adds. Shunn's uncle said the couple's phones were shut off.

2dmguiu.jpg

1jpvmc.jpg

25rfh4w.jpg

More at link:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/15/suvs-belonging-to-missing-wash-couple-found-in-woods.html

Oh this doesn't sound good.

Yeah. Absolutely no way this ends well. And they love their animals. There are other pics online of them cuddling their farm animals. :( I agree with the brother they would never leave them unfed and unattended for so long. Or drive their vehicles off embankments and abandon them.

Two armed and dangerous brothers wanted for murders of Washington couple.
The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office said at a news conference this afternoon that they have probable cause for the arrest of two brothers, John and Tony Reed, for their murders, and they are asking for the public's help in finding them.

[...]

Officials said today that evidence collected from the missing couple's cars and John Reed's former home -- which was near the couple's -- led detectives to believe Shunn and Patenaude were murdered.

"We believe there was some property disputes between Mr. Reed and Patrick and Monique," Trenary said.

[...]

The brothers are believed to have a car belonging to their parents -- a red 2007 VolkswagenEOS Coupe with Washington plate AXH5106.

John Reed is 5’8” and 190 pounds with hazel eyes and gray hair. Tony Reed is 5’11” and 150 pounds with green eyes and gray hair.

"The public should absolutely be worried," he said.

Tony Reed
qxvqq8.jpg

John Reed
2d91q11.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/US/armed-dang...-murders-missing-washington/story?id=38453767

http://abcnews.go.com/US/armed-dang...-murders-missing-washington/story?id=38453767

Officials said today that evidence collected from the missing couple's cars and John Reed's former home -- which was near the couple's -- led detectives to believe Shunn and Patenaude were murdered.

"We believe there was some property disputes between Mr. Reed and Patrick and Monique," Trenary said.

"We believe that [John Reed] has been coming and going from [his former] house," he added.

"The recovery of Patrick and Monique is our agency’s number one priority right now, for the sake of their families," Trenary said. "Our second priority is getting the Reed brothers into custody and off the streets."

Investigators found a car belonging to John Reed in Ellensburg, Washington, Saturday. It's believed that both John and Tony Reed were recently in the Ellensburg area, but their current location is unknown, the sheriff's office said today.

The brothers are believed to have a car belonging to their parents -- a red 2007 VolkswagenEOS Coupe with Washington plate AXH5106.

John Reed is 5’8” and 190 pounds with hazel eyes and gray hair. Tony Reed is 5’11” and 150 pounds with green eyes and gray hair.

A family friend told KOMO-TV that Shunn and Patenaude met at the Burning Man Festival in Nevada and have been married for four years.

The couple's family said in a letter read by authorities today: "They love the outdoors, love their family and friends and, most of all, love life. Wherever they are, they are together."

Search warrants reveal tools linked to murder sold at local store.

Oh yeah, these guys are guilty as hell. They have a crap ton of evidence against them.

They found blood inside one of the vehicles, along with a number of items the brothers bought at a local hardware store, including a bag, rubber gloves, tarp and towels. They have surveillance video tying them to the couple's cars, they found dried blood in Reed's bathtub and on articles of clothing found in his home.

John Reed used to own the property next to the couple but after the Oso landslide in 2014, Snohomish County bought Reed’s property. Neighbors say he was angry over the damage and loss of his land.

[...]

The search warrants in the case reveal the brothers may have bought tools used in the crime at the Arlington hardware and lumber store, like wire, rope, clips, rubber gloves and towels found near the couple’s cars.

A search of Reed’s former property turned up potential evidence, including a number of guns. Detectives also found dried blood in the bathtub and on several pieces of clothing inside Reed’s former home.

Police say it’s evident that someone either drove or pushed the vehicles off the edge and down the embankment to try to hide the vehicles from view.

They also found blood inside a vehicle, along with a number of items including a bag, rubber gloves, tarp and towels. Detectives say the brothers purchased many of the items at an Arlington hardware store on April 13, two days after the couple went missing.

Detectives also have surveillance video connecting John and Tony Reed to the victims’ cars.

http://q13fox.com/2016/04/18/search-warrants-reveal-tools-linked-to-murder-sold-at-local-store/

I know, they are a couple of criminal buffoons. They are probably walking around wearing sandwich boards that say 'We <3 killing people' on the front and 'Except for that couple in Washington!' on the back.

My God, these morons were basically terrorizing Monique and Patrick for a long time. According to the documents at the link I’ll post below, the crazy fuckers made repeated threats against them, saying multiple times to MANY people that they were going to kill them and others involved in the property situation. It seems like many people were aware of what was happening and were scared of the brothers way before the murders. Unfortunately of course, there was not much more that could be done outside of the useless civil suits happening, which of course likely pushed the idiots beyond self-control. As always, and luckily for most people, threats and anger are not criminal offenses. It's just that truly crazy dangerous people can threaten every day for years, but just one act that is actually illegal is deadly and usually it's way too late.

According to the documents, Monique and Patrick had bought part of the Reed brothers’ land after a landslide and it apparently pissed them off. The documents detail the situation and even before the actual murders occurred and evidence specific to the murders are found, it’s rather obvious that the brothers would be the immediate suspects. I’d say that even going by circumstantial evidence that occurred before the murders, conviction would be basically guaranteed.

Documents of the charges found here.

1 of 2 fugitive brothers suspected in Washington couple's deaths surrenders in California

One of two brothers who fled to Mexico following the presumed killing of a Washington state couple in mid-April has been captured in California.

Tony Reed, 49, arranged his surrender to U.S. Marshals after more than a month on the lam by crossing the border from Mexico to be arrested in San Diego.

His brother, John Reed, remains on the run and is wanted on a first-degree murder charge in the killing Monique Patenaude, 46, and her husband, Patrick Shunn, 45. The brothers were last sighted together in Mexico.

Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Shari Ireton hopes the younger brother’s capture will lead to the couple’s bodies.

[...].

Reed is being held at a San Diego jail on an arrest warrant, with bail set at $5 million.

Reed is not named in the couple’s litigation against several neighbors because he threatened to “shoot or assault” Patenaude and Shunn if he was not left alone.

Reed shared a driveway with the victims before selling his home of nearly two decades after the deadly Oso mudslide, which wiped out an entire neighborhood and killed 43 people.

The natural disaster may have inspired irate behavior in the older suspect. He was documented in court documents threatening FEMA workers over their response to the landslide and threatening to kill people he blamed for his housing woes, according to the Times.

“Reed expressed in a serious tone that he was capable of killing people without any problems, he could shoot them and then ‘they’ would never be able to locate the bodies,” a neighbor and former cop told investigators in documents obtained by the Seattle paper.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ple-deaths-surrenders-calif-article-1.2639463

This story is ridiculous.

The state bought the brothers' house because it butts up against the worst landslide in US history's area.

They felt cheated that it was condemned.

They continued to squat in the house. The couple complained that they were there. So the brothers kill them and bury their bodies? :confused:

Wasted human life. All around.

Last edited:
Although I believe the authorities have enough evidence to convict without the bodies...I'm happy the couple can now be returned to their families for proper burials.

So this nice couple vanishes on April 11th. On May 24th, their piece of shit neighbor Tony Reed led police to their bodies. It seems that the missing couple and their charming neighbors, brothers Tony and John Reed, had a bit of a feud going. Well, it was more like the Reed boys ran their ATVs all over the couple's property, let their dogs run loose, and went ballistic when Shunn cut brush on his own land. The Reeds terrorized Shunn and Patinaude for months, then straight-up murdered them. Y'know, as you do when you're irritated with your neighbors. The deceased couple had so many beloved animals that a local animal welfare society had to find homes for them.
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...s-deaths-pleads-not-guilty-to-murder-charges/

The deceased couple had so many beloved animals that a local animal welfare society had to find homes for them.

Aww...I hope they were able to find them all good homes. I always worry about what would happen to my animals if anything happened to me. My son says he will take them and I know he would, but I have three dogs and two cats and they already have one dog and two cats. I would hate to saddle them with that.

I'm glad the families will at least be able to put their loved ones to rest.

What a couple of low-down pieces of shit those two guys are.
[doublepost=1464508818,1464508763][/doublepost]
One of the assholes is still on the run. Believed to be in Mexico.

I'm curious as to why one of them turned themselves in but not the other.

The older of the two sons is a self centered narcissistic monster. He doesn't care if his brother and parents take the rap for his monstrous deeds. The younger son wasn't in on the killing and dismemberment...he helped with the cover up and burying of the bodies and hiding the vehicles. What these parents did in helping their sons escape was wrong. I do have some sympathy for them though. They don't appear to be...how do I say this...very intellectual. Or in the lower range intellectually. I'm sure the boys came up with the plan. Mom and dad just signed papers to transfer vehicle deeds and handed over the money. This isn't quite coming out like I'm thinking it lol. Having trouble expressin my thoughts this mornin cuz of meds. :confused:

Hopefully the parents spend the rest of their miserable lives in prison.

I keep saying, most families that produce a criminal are rotten through and through. It keeps ringing true again and again and again. Fuck em.

Back