• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
sqtwmv.png

Saturday morning, 16-year-old Zamir Sanders was killed after being hit and dragged by a car in Springfield, Massachusetts.

Police say Zamir and three other teens were "horsing around" near the street when he ended up laying down on the side of the road on purpose.

"I heard they were playing a game called 'dead' and someone lays down in the road and plays dead, and I really hope they don't play that game anymore," said neighbor Jessica Francis.

"They were having what was called a fake fight basically to scare the people that were going by in traffic," said Springfield Sgt. John Delaney.

Police say the 41-year-old woman from Chicopee who hit Zamir was not familiar with the area and attempted to drive around the stopped car in front of her.

According to police, the driver hit the teen and drove about 300 feet with him under her car until Zamir's friends finally banged on the car to stop her.

Delaney said she has been cooperating with police over the last couple of days and is "emotionally and physically upset."

Police said she even say she tried to help Zamir.

"She went out to the trunk of her car got out the car jack and jacked up her car, EMTs arrived, she helped extricate that young man," said Delaney.

Police are calling this a tragic accident that sadly took the life of a young teen, and said that Zamir's three friends ran off right after the accident. For 14 hours police had no idea who he was.
http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Teen-Dead-After-Playing-Dangerous-Game-379735701.html

Sanders played a game called "dead" along with three other teens. The game involved someone lying down on the road and playing dead in order to scare passing drivers.

Last edited:
Police are calling this a tragic accident that sadly took the life of a young teen

Ummm NO, not a tragic ACCIDENT!!!! totally predictable, these kids were too old to be doing such stupid things, they have too much time on their hands, need to be somewhere, maybe a padded room, where they can't hurt themselves.

This very reason is why I kept my boys in baseball, football, cub scouts and boy scouts, fortunately they both loved it, but it was first and foremost to keep them too busy to get into trouble, especially when I had to work. It wasn't 100% but for the most part they were too tired to run in packs and do mischief.

Two kids will get into more trouble than 1 kid ever even thought of and it increases exponentially with every extra kid added to the equation, two bored minds working together is like gasoline a on bonfire. Guaranteed.

Ummm NO, not a tragic ACCIDENT!!!! totally predictable, these kids were too old to be doing such stupid things, they have too much time on their hands, need to be somewhere, maybe a padded room, where they can't hurt themselves.

Actually, he wasn't too old at all. Since the prefrontal cortex is not fully developed at that age the impulse control plus the part of the brain where the brains reward system is highly active, they aren't really ready for mature decision making.

Actually, he wasn't too old at all. Since the prefrontal cortex is not fully developed at that age the impulse control plus the part of the brain where the brains reward system is highly active, they aren't really ready for mature decision making.

I love you so hard right now. <3

You are so correct. In fact, the brain activity of an adolescent (especially late adolescence) is very comparable to that of a toddler.

Impulsivity, risk-taking, lack of self-control and poor decision making are all hallmarks of both stages of development. The prefrontal cortex is typically fully developed around age 24!

Which essplains a lot.

I love you so hard right now. <3

You are so correct. In fact, the brain activity of an adolescent (especially late adolescence) is very comparable to that of a toddler.

Impulsivity, risk-taking, lack of self-control and poor decision making are all hallmarks of both stages of development. The prefrontal cortex is typically fully developed around age 24!

Which essplains a lot.

I am so lucky to be alive, I was such an idiot at that age...SUCH an idiot!!

I am so lucky to be alive, I was such an idiot at that age...SUCH an idiot!!

Well, luckily, I never dropped acid and then decided to see if I could drive home the 8 blocks to my apartment...IN REVERSE.

I shoulda been dead long ago.

they aren't really ready for mature decision making.

In my opinion, it doesn't take high order thinking to realize if you lie in the road, you might get hit by a car. I stand by my opinion that this would have never happened, if he and the rest of them was doing something other than goofing off where they shouldn't have been, on the side of the road. Now an innocent lady will have this on her heart for the rest of her life.

Still not a tragic accident. I think if we start expecting that the little shit start acting more mature, eventually they will. 100 years ago 16yo was practically middle aged and they acted most times as such, what's happened since then except adults giving them excuses that their prefrontal cortex is not developed so they can't help themselves.

Bullshit, they can act better and they do, except when they are with their friends they like to outdo each other and that usually leads to problems.

But if their parents haven't taught them that laying in the road is dangerous, then maybe it's the parent's fault. I raised 2 boys, so I know what all they can get up to, but I also found if I kept them busy and off the street they didn't get into as much trouble, I expected that they grow up and live up to their responsibilities as they grew up.

If people would give their kids the option of growing up they just might, instead of staying a child because their prefrontal cortex is not fully formed yet.

In my opinion, it doesn't take high order thinking to realize if you lie in the road, you might get hit by a car. I stand by my opinion that this would have never happened, if he and the rest of them was doing something other than goofing off where they shouldn't have been, on the side of the road. Now an innocent lady will have this on her heart for the rest of her life.

Still not a tragic accident. I think if we start expecting that the little shit start acting more mature, eventually they will. 100 years ago 16yo was practically middle aged and they acted most times as such, what's happened since then except adults giving them excuses that their prefrontal cortex is not developed so they can't help themselves.

Bullshit, they can act better and they do, except when they are with their friends they like to outdo each other and that usually leads to problems.

But if their parents haven't taught them that laying in the road is dangerous, then maybe it's the parent's fault. I raised 2 boys, so I know what all they can get up to, but I also found if I kept them busy and off the street they didn't get into as much trouble, I expected that they grow up and live up to their responsibilities as they grew up.

If people would give their kids the option of growing up they just might, instead of staying a child because their prefrontal cortex is not fully formed yet.

I didn't say this was a tragic accident, in my opinion it's a suicide.

Years ago 16 was viewed as middle aged because it was, science and medicine wasn't where it is now and people had lower life spans.

My comment was to your statement that they were too old, when in fact they were not scientifically speaking. They are at the "I'll live forever and I'm untouchable" age.

We can try to blame the parents all day but not all things are their fault. Teens do stupid shit, ESPECIALLY when other teens are around. I was blessed to not be like that but I'd venture to say that I was the exception.

There's a reason that you can't drink until you're 21 here but you can die for this country at 18. They know that at that age young people are impulsive, and don't have the fear of death. They can also be broken easily and whipped into submission because an adult with a fully mature prefrontal cortex is planning, not as impulsive and making the decisions for them to follow.

Last edited:
I do agree with you for the most part, they are impulsive and they don't think things thru, but I still think that if you teach and have expectations that they will be better than the lowest common denominator, in most cases, it works, if you give them an excuse that they can't help themselves so it's not their fault, they'll have whatever they call fun because they are kids and they can't help it and parents and science gave them that excuse.

I stand by my opinion that this would have never happened,

WORD...should have been doing homework...working a part time job, helping out at home in
whatever way...anything except playing the fighting game to SCARE People.

the brain activity of an adolescent (especially late adolescence) is very comparable to that of a toddler.

My toddlers were pretty smart and made a significant contribution to our household even while they were in diapers because... @cubby nailed it.

but I still think that if you teach and have expectations that they will be better than the lowest common denominator, in most cases, it works,

This why some kids play games like this but not all kids...I get kids test their power
but if your kid is using their power to hurt or scare someone they're wasting it.
Ultimately hurting themselves.
[doublepost=1463665212,1463664225][/doublepost]
they can't help it and parents and science gave them that excuse.

I get the brain and brain development...25 is a magic number. However nature and nurture have

to work together...you want to nurture your children, so they become life long contributors in the

right direction and that begins in infancy.

Back