• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A woman who gave a young boy electric shocks using a dog training collar has been told she faces jail.

Former soldier Lanna Monaghan also subjected the child to cold showers, bit and kicked him - and hit him so hard with a wooden spoon that it broke.

Monaghan, formerly of Fort Augustus, told police she had a temper and could "zone out" and be "out of control".

The 34-year-old was remanded in custody at the High Court in Edinburgh.

The court heard that Monaghan had seen the electric training collar being used on a dog and told the pet owner: "If it works on a dog it will work on kids."

She had initially denied to the authorities to giving the toddler electric shocks with the dog training collar, the court heard.

But she later claimed that she had picked up the device during a visit to another woman's home.

She gave three shocks in quick succession to the boy's neck because he had refused to swallow a mouthful of food.

Monaghan told police: "I am truly sorry for what happened, I can't believe it happened."

She claimed the child "pushes my buttons, spitting on me, peeing on the floor and being sick on the floor".

She admitted that at times she would be crouched down to the child's eye level, shouting and swearing aggressively at him when he wet himself and cried.

The prosecutor said: "She did not appear to recognise the possibility that the child was reacting involuntarily and through fear."

The judge rejected a defence plea to allow Monaghan to remain on bail ahead of sentencing because she is pregnant.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-36381379

Also pretty suspicious that it is not her biological child. The absence of words like "son" or "mother" in the article is glaring.

Wow... As if some little kid is being sick on the floor intentionally just to spite her.

The poor thing was probably terrified so badly it made him physically ill. :(

Her complete failure to recognize that she was causing this behavior is very scary indeed... I could see this continuing to escalate as she thought his reactions were willful.

WTF Treatment is this for an adult let alone a wee one. It's bad enough to tower over them while "disciplining them but torture???

She's upset the child 'pushes her buttons"? He's reacting to being tasered you hateful cow. This is insanity. It's like the dude that got beat up by the cops and then charged for bleeding on the cops uniforms.

Wow... As if some little kid is being sick on the floor intentionally just to spite her.

The poor thing was probably terrified so badly it made him physically ill. :(

Her complete failure to recognize that she was causing this behavior is very scary indeed... I could see this continuing to escalate as she thought his reactions were willful.
This is so upsetting to me.

My daughters bio mom and dad took turns beating her when she was under 3 because she threw up on the floor. She threw up because in their meth induced state, they *forgot* to give her food and she went into the fridge and got some old food and it made her sick. Her bio mom proudly stated to the neighbor that they were teaching her how to clean up her own messes. The neighbor had enough sense to call CPS.
The bios were so fucked up that they proudly told how they took turns spanking her for throwing up on the floor and not cleaning it up properly.
[doublepost=1464203565,1464203504][/doublepost]
Mad cow disease?

:(:mad: I want to hug this little boy, feed him chocolate chip cookies and tell him everything is going to be fine and I'll never let anyone hurt him or scare him again (I know it's unrealistic to promise a child such things but goddamnit I'll die trying) my four year old is so fragile when he knows you're genuinely angry with him. I let him know what he's done wrong, tell him I'm angry or disappointed or hurt, give him a minute to cry or pout in his room or hiding behind me if we're in public, then I sit with him and let him know it's OK and I still love him and always will and we hug it out. I don't berate him and scare the piss out of him or break my cooking utensils on him. I just don't understand how a person can look at a child and think that shit it OK!!! What makes someone want to deliberately hurt a kid and call it discipline? And punishment for puking??!! That's just idiotic. I can't even BEGIN to understand that... y if he's already upset and he's pushed to vomiting....Future criminals and future victims.:mad::mad::mad::confused: That's all that will produce.

Last edited:
This is so upsetting to me.

My daughters bio mom and dad took turns beating her when she was under 3 because she threw up on the floor. She threw up because in their meth induced state, they *forgot* to give her food and she went into the fridge and got some old food and it made her sick. Her bio mom proudly stated to the neighbor that they were teaching her how to clean up her own messes. The neighbor had enough sense to call CPS.
The bios were so fucked up that they proudly told how they took turns spanking her for throwing up on the floor and not cleaning it up properly.
[doublepost=1464203565,1464203504][/doublepost]
Mad cow disease?
Laughing ONLY at mad cow disease....

yes it was her son i should know im the father that is picking up the peices

So very sorry to hear of the treatment of your son. I take it you weren't living together, or this wouldn't have gone so far?

Hoping you manage to show your son how to trust adults again.

So very sorry to hear of the treatment of your son. I take it you weren't living together, or this wouldn't have gone so far?

Hoping you manage to show your son how to trust adults again.

we were separated due to her family he is getting better still a long way to go, and yes if i was there this wouldnt of happened

we were separated due to her family he is getting better still a long way to go, and yes if i was there this wouldnt of happened
So quickly, my emotions went from WTF to sorrow for the child. Then, you came and posted and I pictured this boy safe with his daddy and although not completely healed, at least in a loving, familiar environment.

Thank you for letting us know this.

The prosecutor said: "She did not appear to recognise the possibility that the child was reacting involuntarily and through fear."

Because he's scared...twitch. Like little Mickey Knox in Natural Born Killers.

I hope they're not teasing us...facing Jail...I hope she gets it.

we were separated due to her family

Not because of her....Not because she put a shock collar around your little boys neck?

You're a GOOF! Fuck Off!

Eye for an eye. This same shit should be her her punishment. Let her know what it's like to get shocked and wet herself. My child can test my patience and is very head strong. I feel bad if I even so much as raise my voice at her. Sometimes she is spiteful and it's extremely hard to deal with, but she's my kid, and although I'm not a perfect mom, I love her and would never hurt her.

She claimed the child "pushes my buttons, spitting on me, peeing on the floor and being sick on the floor".

Hmmmm, I just can't imagine why. :mad:

She admitted that at times she would be crouched down to the child's eyelevel, shouting and swearing aggressively at him when he wet himself and cried.

Reading that part is just so sickening. Kind of reminds me of the recent video of that bitch screaming at her crying little boy about a misplaced phone or whatever it was. She was calling him all those awful names and slapping him around as he screamed and cried in fear. What in the ever loving fuck is wrong with people that do this?!

Yes, I know, some might say it's because they were abused in their own childhood, but then how do you explain all of the kind hearted people who come out of an abusive past? The same people who then lovingly raise their own children, ensuring their kids never have to experience what they went thru.

Even if she does have PTSD, it's absolutely no excuse. Especially considering she admitted to police that she was aware she would lose control and had anger issues -- meaning she was aware her behavior was a problem and should have also known to get treatment for her issues instead of raining down terror and pain on her own child.

Wtf? I can't comprehend this at all.
And she's pregnant. Someone take that helpless child from her before she does something worse when the baby won't lay down for a nap.

Not because of her....Not because she put a shock collar around your little boys neck?

You're a GOOF! Fuck Off!
Stop being so goddammed judgemental without knowing what happened.
Read dads post. They were already seperated when it happened.

Edit
And if we're going to sit on this bitch and make shit up,
I'm going to say she did it because they seperated. She was mad that he left and what better way to get back at him. Hurt the human that's half him.

Last edited:
Pushing her buttons FFS!!!

She should be introduced to some folk that know all about pushing buttons.

The folk that will jam a roscoe in an orifice of their choice and push a button on your ass!!

You're a GOOF! Fuck Off!

actually we were seperated 1 day after his birth if she done that while i was with her i would of killed her

actually we were seperated 1 day after his birth if she done that while i was with her i would of killed her
You know what?

I'm so glad that you WERE NOT there.

Not because I have zero doubt that you would've exacted revenge. And I understand those feelings.

You know why I'm happy you weren't?

Instead of being behind bars, for beating this woman after she beat your child? Where the baby would've been been placed who knows where? What good would that have benefited your son?

Instead. You have him. His arms are wrapped around your neck. Your arms are wrapped around his little body, making him feel safe. Comforted.

I get your anger. Truly. But the absolute best thing, the most beneficial for your baby? Is exactly what you're doing now.

Let the justice system deal with her. Let that go.

Focus on that beautiful baby boy! And give him a big hug or a tickle under his armpit for all of his supporters here at the DD.

Deal?

Focus on that beautiful baby boy! And give him a big hug or a tickle under his armpit for all of his supporters here at the DD.
@mannnicky I second this!

Your best "revenge" is to raise your little one to be happy and healthy, without the influence of the twat. Speaking as a single father, I know it won't be easy... but I can tell you that it is 1000% worth every minute!

Please give him an extra hug from me.:hug:

Back