In the first story, we focus on a 20-year-old coed named Caitlin Nelson….
First responders attempted to clear her airway but to no avail. Nelson was transported to the hospital, where she died Sunday.
It was initially believed that Nelson suffered anaphylactic shock, due to several food allergies, but it has since been revealed that food allergies did not contribute to her death.
Meanwhile, in Colorado….
The Heimlich maneuver was obviously unsuccessful — the Denver Office of the Medical Examiner confirmed Monday that Malouff died from “asphyxia, due to obstruction of the airway.”Caitlin Nelson, choking, Colorado, Connecticut, donuts, eating contest, pancakes, Travis Malouff