RUSSIA – A mother of two died while working at a confectionery plant after she fell into a vat of molten chocolate and was “minced” by the in the metal machinery.
According to reports, 24-year-old Svetlana Roslina was either pouring ingredients into the vat of molten chocolate when she fell in, or was trying to retrieve a dropped cell phone.
Either way, Roslina ended up falling inside the vat and was unable to get out. The poor woman ended up caught in the machinery inside the vat that keeps the chocolate agitated. The result was a very violent death.
“She was minced, only her legs were left,” said one local source at the Sergiev-Posad confectionery plant.
Police are currently investigating the accident.
Roslina isn’t the only person we’ve reported on who died after falling into a vat of chocolate. Back in 2009, Vincent Smith II died after he fell into a vat of chocolate and was pinned down by a giant paddle-like agitator.
So now we will add a second “drowned in chocolate” on our list of horrible ways people have died at work. These ways include being ground into pellets by a recycling machine, drowning in vat of molasses, suffocating inside a cryochamber, being cooked inside an industrial tuna steamer, drowning in cow shit, pinto beans or chocolate, being chewed up inside meat grinders, getting stuck inside industrial dryers, flattened by paper rolling machines, dying from exploding beer kegs, and multiple instances of being pulled into a wood chipper.Tags: Accident, chocolate, Crime, Russia, Svetlana Roslina, workplace