Morgue Worker Accused Of Having Sex With Corpse Of Reality TV StarTeen Gouged Out Both Of Her Eyeballs Outside South Carolina ChurchFive Teens Accused Of Raping 13-Year-Old GirlMan Accused Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend And Three Others At Pennsylvania Car WashTeenage Teaching Assistant Accused Of Molesting 17 ChildrenMan Dies After Falling Into An Industrial Tire ShredderCouple Accused Of Beating Three Children, Forcing Them To Eat Dog FecesToddler Found Frozen To Death On Front Porch Of Her HomeWoman Dies After Teen Extended Car Jack Inside Her Vagina

Eddye PittmonHALL COUNTY, GA – Three daycare workers have been arrested after an 18-month-old suffered severe burns in their care and was denied medical attention.

When Meagan Seabolt picked up her son from the Discovering Basics daycare center, she noticed her son had what appeared to be a rash on his leg. She was informed that he’d been bitten by a bug and was suffering from some kind of reaction.

Seabolt rushed her son to the hospital when the rash got progressively worse, only to learn he was actually suffering from second- and third-degree burns to his stomach and left leg – likely caused by a hot liquid. The boy was transferred to the Augusta Burn Center where he underwent skin grafts and is now recovering at home.

A police investigation showed the boy was likely burned that morning and went eight hours without any kind of medical treatment aside from one of the workers, 55-year-old Eddye Pittmon, rubbing ointment on the burns. Pittman was arrested last Friday and charged with child cruelty.

The daycare owner, 66-year-old Minnie “Sue” Dupree, was arrested on Monday and charged with influencing testimony. Police say she told daycare workers to lie about what happened and to destroy any evidence pointing to how the child was burned.

Dupree’s daughter, 40-year-old Tara Miller, were also arrested Monday and charged with second-degree child cruelty. Police say she was aware the child was burned but failed to do anything about it.

No word on how the boy was burned, but Seabolt’s lawyer says that the daycare uses a crock pot of boiling water to warm baby bottles. He says the boy may have been accidentally burned while unsupervised.

RELATED:
Fight Over Juice Box Leads To A Stabbin'

He may not be far from the mark, as the Georgia Department of Early Care has closed the day care, stating the facility did not supervise children properly. They’re continuing to investigate the case, along with the Hall County Sheriff’s Department.

Eddye Pittmon, Minnie (Sue) Dupree and Tara Miller

Eddye Pittmon, Minnie (Sue) Dupree and Tara Miller

CBS46 News

Help The Dreamin Demon go ad free! Support us on Patreon!
Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments


The views expressed in the comments are those of the comment writers and don't represent the views or opinions of D'D or its staff. Feel free to flag comments that may violate conditions outlined in our Disclaimer.