Jackson, MI - A 14-year-old Michigan boy had the unwelcome experience of finding a piece of a fast food worker’s finger in his sandwich last Friday. Before he started eating, you ask? You wouldn’t be reading about it here if that was the case…
Ryan Hart was finishing his roast beef sandwich that had been purchased at the drive-through window at a Jackson, Michigan Arby’s restaurant when he reportedly tasted something rubbery. He spat the item out. What he found was a chunk of human flesh – including a fingerprint – belonging to a restaurant employee. It was approximately 1-inch long.
“I was like, ‘that’s got to be a finger.’ I was about to puke… it was just nasty.” said Ryan.
Because properly prepared human finger meat is known for both taste and tenderness, it was apparent that this was not simply another – albeit nutritionally improved – fast food restaurant filler. Steve Hall, environmental health director for the Jackson County Health Department, said an Arby’s employee had, in fact, sliced her finger while operating a meat slicer at the restaurant. She then left her workstation immediately to attend to the injury without saying anything.
“Other workers were filling [the] order before they became aware of what happened,” Hall said.
“Arby’s wants to reassure customers that we are committed to providing quality food in a safe and healthy environment. We are deeply concerned and apologetic to the guest involved in this unfortunate incident,” says a letter signed by John Gray, Arby’s Vice President of Corporate Communications and Public Relations.
Sorry John… there is absolutely no excuse for a restaurant employee giving a customer the finger.Tags: Arbys, fast food, finger, Michigan