JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – A 21-year-old female left a Burger King drive-through and became sick after taking a bit out of her sandwich. She went back to the store to complain, but began having seizures and was rushed to the hospital. At the same restaurant, Ernest McHenry had just sat down to eat his Burger King fish sandwich when he found a blue pill wedged in the bun when he removed it to add some salt and pepper. He immediately showed everyone what he had found. The pill turned out to be hydrocodone. Police would later arrest Woody Duclos, a Burger King employee, and charge him with poisoning food with intent to kill or injure a person. They would also arrest his co-worker, Bryant Jones, for selling him the drugs. Police believe Duclos poisoned the food because he was pissed about a recent suspension for misconduct.
You can watch some video here, and see Diane Cho give an re-enactment of the man finding the pill in his sandwich while putting salt and pepper on it. It’s enthralling. Burger King released this statement:
“Food safety is non-negotiable at BURGER KING® restaurants. This franchise restaurant, which is independently owned and operated, has terminated the two employees involved and is working with the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office on this investigation.”
Man, I have soooo many stories about fast food and the things employees do to the food, but whatever. I still eat it. I know for a fact that if you eat fast food, or any food you do not prepare yourself, your odds of eating someone else’s saliva, pubic hair or semen have increased dramatically.
So come on, share your fast food horror stories! I’ll start. I knew a group of guys who used to collectively spit their tobacco spit into a vat of tomato sauce used to make the pizzas at a pizza buffet establishment.Tags: Burger King, Poisoning, sandwich, Tampering