Phoenix, AZ - A wise man once said, “A word to the wise ain’t necessary, it’s the stupid ones who need the advice.” That said, here’s a bit of advice: Bathtubs don’t make good playpens. One family had to go and learn that the hard way Sunday afternoon. While attending a house party, the parents of an 8-month-old baby boy laid the child down for a nap in the bathtub. He was left there to snooze, in the tub, for about 30 minutes. When his parents returned to check up on him, they found him submerged in water. He was admitted to the hospital in extremely critical condition and passed away the next day. (I have had to improvise sleeping arrangements on more than a couple of occasions and not once did I ever even consider the bathtub an appropriate place to lay a child – asleep or awake). Right now the question is who the hell turned the water on? Phoenix Fire Captain Alex Rangel said, “We’re not exactly sure, how water could be turned on, but we’ve seen it before, kids, eight to 10 months can crawl, reach up to turn on water or it could possibly have been another sibling. Other children we could see there, were three to six years old.” This very well could have been an accidental death, heartbreaking, but totally preventable. Common sense people – use it.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Arlee Hayes Killed Sophia “Baby” Sanchez (dreamindemon.com)
- Tammy Truitt Is A Bad Babysitter (dreamindemon.com)
- Tyler Goss: Death By Binky (dreamindemon.com)